The MA-1 military style flight jacket has been around since the 1950s. It was designed by the US Air Force to enhance performance on the new jet aircrafts. (Read more about it's history here) The flight jackets are 100% nylon making them fully water repellent on the outer shell. The inside lining is made of polyester and with a safety orange or rescue orange color. The concept behind this was to allow military pilots who got lost to be located from up above. For the non-pilots, the reversible safety orange liner can be worn when on hunting expeditions to easily be seen by fellow hunters.
The MA-1 Flight Jacket has the classic bomber jacket look as well, offering wearers a stylish look while also remaining warm from the colder climates. The jacket is stuffed with a poly fiberfill which helps provide warmth in the cold. The collars, cuffs and waistband are made of a ribbed knit material. These jackets have an extra full cut, resulting in a comfortable and relaxed fit. There are two front pockets with a snap closure feature and two inside pockets in case the jacket is reversed. The zipper utility pocket on the outside contains a place for a pencil. In addition, the zippered front closure contains a double MA-1 pull tabs and storm flap to go along with brass zippers and leather pull tabs. This classic military flight jacket is great for cold weather, hunting and even for those attempting to pull off the Top Gun look during Halloween or costume parties.
- Classic MA-1 Flight Jacket With Reversible Orange Polyester Lining
- Poly Fiberfill Adds Warmth For Cold Climates
- 100% Nylon Water Repellent Outer Shell
- Ribbed Knit Collar, Cuffs And Waistband
- Extra Full Cut For Comfortable Fit
- Two Front Slash Pockets And Two Inside Slash Pockets Offer Multiple Storage Options
- Zippered Utility Pocket With A Outside Pencil Pocket
- Zippered Front Closure With Double ‘MA-1’ Pull Tabs And Storm Flap
- Brass Zippers And Leather Pull Tabs Give A Classic Military Look